If you ever desired to make a dessert that looks sophisticated, but isn’t all the work, I have the perfect one for you.
I thought it would be a challenge creating the perfect grilled peach mascarpone dessert, but it fell perfectly into place the first try.
That doesn’t happen very often, but boy was I glad with the price of mascarpone. When I first saw how expensive a tiny container was, I grumbled and wondered if mascarpone was something I could make in the future.
There are times when all four of my kids are running around, I just want something, well, that feels more complex and elegant. When I plated this dessert that’s what I achieved. It was beautiful. A perfectly grilled peach topped beautifully with whipped mascarpone, and a drizzle of maple bourbon reduction.
I served it proudly, only to look over and see my kids licking off the mascarpone before eating the peach….well, I thought, I’ll have adults over next time I make this.
Thyme Butter Fried Peach With Whipped Mascarpone and Maple-Bourbon Drizzle
- 6 peaches cut in half and seeded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme and a little for garnish
- 1 tsp sugar for peaches
- 1 container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp sugar divided
- 1 tbsp honey or more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- Pinch salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mascarpone, 1 tsp sugar, honey, vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Whip with an electric mixer until everything is incorporated.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar on the cut side of the peaches.
- In a medium skillet put 1 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp thyme on med low heat. When the butter is melted add peaches cut side down and fry for about 5 min or until lightly brown.
- Place one peach per plate.
- While the peaches slightly cool make drizzle.
- In a small skillet or saucepan pour maple syrup, bourbon, and salt.
- Over med/low heat, heat until it gets bubbly and starts to thicken.
- Top peaches with mascarpone mix until evenly distributed among all the peaches.
- Then with a teaspoon drizzle maple bourbon mix on top, add a few thyme leaves and garnish with thyme sprig.