Why is it that kids like things that you can pick up and eat? When my kids were smaller, they would hold their fork in one hand and eat with their other hand.
Part of my quest of being more intentional about getting veggies into the kids is making it more fun!
This recipe must have been fun, because I got no complaints, and they even fought over who would get the last one! I’ll just be honest, I don’t know about you, but when they are arguing over broccoli, they can argue all they want.
I would go as far as calling broccoli a superfood! It’s full of health benefits!
It aids in fighting cancer, strengthens the immune system, helps remove toxins from the body, and helps lower cholesterol!
Our kids need their veggies. We can’t rely on synthetic vitamins to keep them healthy, they need real Whole Foods. This is a step in getting them what they need!
Remember to buy organic when possible!
Cheesy Broccoli Bites
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 cups broccoli ( steamed)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheddar cheese
- 1/2 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place broccoli and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and steam on low for about 10-12 min or until tender.
- Drain water and place into a medium mixing bowl. With a pastry cutter or fork smash broccoli into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- With a heaping tbsp of broccoli mixture, make into a patty about a 1/2 in thick. Continue until all mix is used. Depending on size it should make about 15-18.
- Bake 10 minutes on 400. Flip each one over and continue baking for 10 min on other side.
- Remove, plate, and enjoy!