Skinny Tuscan Kale Soup
I love a creamy soup, but a creamy soup without the cream… now that’s what I call “skinny soup!” You won't miss any of the classic flavors in this Tuscan kale soup though, promise.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp refined coconut oil or butter
- 2 tsp pink salt or sea salt more if needed to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 large potatoes diced
- 4 whole carrots sliced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh sage chopped into small peices
- 5 sprigs thyme leaves taken off the stems
- 32 oz vegetable stock or other stock
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 3 cups fresh kale roughly chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil optional
Chop potatoes and carrots.
Add butter and olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add potatoes, carrots, and onion, cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chop tomato and add to pot.
Chop sage, pull thyme off stems and add to pot.
Grate or press garlic cloves in and stir.
Add broth and water.
Pour half of the beans in a bowl and smash them with a fork until creamy.
Add crushed beans and the rest of the whole beans to soup.
Chop kale coarsely and add to soup.
Simmer for 20-30 min or until vegetables are tender.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil.