One Bowl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is good dough and good cookies - and it's half the sugar of your traditional recipe!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon refined coconut oil soft
- 1 egg or flax egg for flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water, chia egg also works great!
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon pink salt or sea salt
- ½ cup unbleached flour
- 2 cups oats I use old fashioned
- ½ cup chocolate chips of your choice
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl whisk butter, coconut oil, egg, sugar, vanilla, and salt until completely incorporated and smooth.
With a wooden spoon mix in flour, oats, chocolate chips, and pecans.
Spoon onto an un-greased cookie sheet a tablespoon at a time.
Bake on 350 for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are brown around the edges.
Pull out of the oven and eat warm!
*I have made many variations of these cookies. Here are some things I have done.
- You can add a ½ cup of shredded coconut.
- I have added a tablespoon chia seeds, or fresh ground flaxseed.
- The flax egg cookies taste just as good and worth doing to add extra fiber.
- I have made these gluten free which I will make a separate post on because they were delicious!
- I have used brown sugar in place of granulate sugar and they turn out great!
- I have flattened these with a spoon before baking and made Ice cream sandwiches with them!