If you are looking for a simple, healthy week night dinner this nacho supreme is for you! Tortilla chips pilled high with spicy black beans and all your favorite toppings!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 can spicy black beans Season with a 1/4 tsp of each cumin, coriander, paprika. Add salt and cayenne to taste.
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips of choice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese (vegan or dairy) more cheese if you prefer
- 3 green onions stalks sliced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro coarsly chopped
- 1 cup diced avocado or guacamole
- 1 red or green jalapeno sliced
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
Preheat oven to low broiler.
Open and place a full can of black beans in a saucepan on low heat and season with a 1/4 tsp of each cumin, coriander, paprika. Add salt and cayenne for your taste preference. Place on medium-low heat and heat for a couple of minutes.
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour on the whole bag of tortillas.
Cover with shredded cheese and bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
While chips are in the oven dice and chop all the veggies of your choice and place on a platter.
Set out salsa and sour cream and extra cheese if desired.
Remove chips from the oven and divide the chips between the plates and top with black beans.
Let each person add toppings as desired.
- For more ideas of toppings you can add check out the list I put in the post!
- You can also skip the oven and place desired amount of chips on each plate and top with desired toppings for a quicker option!