These super-easy vegetarian fajitas made with sauteed mushrooms, red bell pepper, red onion, and bold Mexican spices!
Servings: 5 people
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil refined coconut oil would also work
- 1 6 oz package of sliced portobellos
- 1 large red onion sliced and halved
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced and halved
- 1 tsp both salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon of each paprika, coriander, and garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 pack flour or corn tortillas
- optional toppings in recipe notes
Slice veggies in long strips.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Add in sliced portobellos, sliced onion, and bell pepper.
Season with spices evenly.
Cook stirring often until veggies are done to your liking. I like mine soft but with a little bite to them. I cook mine for about 10 minutes.
Serve with heated corn or flour tortillas.
Other topping options in recipe notes.
Looking for options to serve with fajitas. Here are some suggestions.
Heat the tortillas in the oven, microwave or individually on a gas burner on low.
- guacamole or avocado slices drizzled with lime juice salt and pepper.
- lime wedges (squeeze juice on right before eating, yum!)
- Salsa, sour cream, cotija cheese or Mexican shredded cheese.
- Fresh chopped cilantro, jalapenos, green or white onions.