Easy Peach Cobbler
This quick and easy peach cobbler is made dairy-free and with less than half the sugar of most traditional recipes!
Servings: 6 people
- 5 medium peaches peeled and sliced (this made 3 cups for me)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp sugar to sprinkle on sliced peaches. You could use a little more if your peaches aren't ripe.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 4 tbsp refined coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a couple of pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
In a medium bowl measure in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix well with a whisk.
Whisk in milk and vanilla.
Melt coconut oil and whisk into the batter.
In a baking dish (I used a 9x6) pour in the batter. Spread fruit evenly over the batter.
Bake on 350 for an hour and 5 minutes or until batter is done in the middle.
Serve warm with ice cream!
If you choose to use butter instead of coconut oil, reduce the salt to 1/4 tsp.
I didn't oil my baking dish because when cooking with coconut oil it isn't neccesary. You can oil it if you choose.