Spicy Lime Chickpea Tacos with Cilantro & Lime Crema
These tacos are vegetarian, and even my meat-loving husband loved them! The combination of flavors really keeps things interesting.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon of each- paprika, cayenne, and black pepper
- Juice of a half of a large lime.
- Corn tortillas, I use sprouted organic Or organic tortillas like this
- Pickled red onions
- Cilantro lime crema
- Optional toppings of fresh jalapeños, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime wedges.
Pickled Red Onions
- ½ large red onion cut into thin slices
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
Cilantro Lime Crema
- ⅓ cup mayo or vegan mayo like this
- juice from ½ of a large lime
- 1 cup fresh cut and washed cilantro
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon both salt and pepper
Make these first and set aside to soak in a bowl or mason jar
Cut onion in this slices
Mix together vinegar and salt and sugar and pour over onions.
Let set and marinate. Store in container in the refrigerator.
Heat your tortillas (I place them in a low heat oven for a few minutes.)
Add the chickpeas and red onions
Top with fresh cilantro and crema.
Add fresh sliced Jalapeños and a squeeze of fresh lime!