Mexican Roasted Potatoes
I loved eating Mexican food growing up. These roasted potatoes have the perfect level of spice to them.
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 large potatoes 4 if they are medium size
- 1/2 white or yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 can black beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pink salt Buy pink salt here or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of paprika, cumin, coriander, and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice saved for the end of baking time
- Optional toppings of Jalapeño peppers, fresh or jar, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, lime, guacamole, red onion or green onions, salsa, black olives, sour cream.
Preheat oven to 400.
Dice potatoes into chunks and put in a medium mixing bowl.
Mix in diced onion, black beans, spices, and oil.
Cover and bake at 400 for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir the potatoes (to make sure none on the sides are drying out) and sprinkle cheese on top.
Recover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Add your favorite toppings and serve!