Best Black Bean Burgers
Making alternative burgers from scratch is easy and healthy. These black bean burgers are perfect for vegetarians, or even for your meat lovers when you forget to thaw meat.
Servings: 5 burgers
- 1 can black beans I like to use spicy black beans
- 1/3 cup diced white onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten could use chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley if not available use 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
Drain black beans and pour into a medium-size bowl.
With a pastry cutter or fork lightly smash the beans in pieces leaving a few not smashed.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients until combined.
Patty out 5-6 black bean burgers.
In a skillet heat a tbsp refined coconut oil over medium heat (or oil of your choice)
Fry burgers until lightly brown on each side (about 5 minutes per side)
Add to a bun and top with your favorite burger toppings! See post for ideas!