Easy Homemade Ramen
Easy homemade ramen in just minutes with the rich flavors of miso, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil or oil of choice
- 2 cups filtered water
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 heaping Tbsp miso paste I use brown rice miso like pictured above.
- 3 large cloves of garlic grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 10 shiitake mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice) sliced
- 3-4 large green onions (sliced thin) whites for the base of soup, greens for the topping.
- 2 bunches baby bok-choy one bunch roughly chopped and use whole leaves of the other bunch.
- 1/4 tsp both salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 pack ramen noodles like pictured above. Cooked according to directions, strain, and set aside.
- choice of toppings like green onions, freshly chopped cilantro, fresh chilis or jalapeños other suggestions in the post!
Slice green onions thinly using the white ends for the base and saving greens for topping. Wash and chop one bunch of baby bok-choy and set aside. Chop mushrooms in slices.
In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry the white part of the green onions, mushrooms, ginger, and garlic for 3-4 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Add in broth and water and whisk in miso paste and brown sugar. Bring it to a simmer.
Cook ramen according to directions. Strain and set aside
Add in the chopped bok-choy and whole bok-choy leaves and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Serve by spooning the desired amount of cooked noodles and broth into the bowl. Add desired toppings and serve!