Do you love the idea of your little ones eating healthy, but have given up the fight? I want to encourage you that there is still hope. They like chocolate right? Then I am confident they will drink this chocolaty smoothie.
Servings: 2 drinks
- 1 banana
- 2 cups coconut milk for really picky kids you can do 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup cows milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tsp whole flaxseed Get organic flaxseed here
- 1 1/2 Tbsp raw cacao powder Buy raw cacao here
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp unsweet peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp raw honey optional
- fresh or frozen raspberries to garnish optional
With a blender or Nutri-bullet add banana and milk, then remaining ingredients.
Blend for 20-30 seconds or until everything is smooth.
Pour top with berries and serve.
*Always buy raw or local honey. Honey isn't always just honey. They add things like high fructose corn syrup and have little or no pollen.
*Always buy organic peanut butter. Peanuts are highly sprayed with pesticides and grow in very hot climates and can contain molds.
*Always buy cacao not cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is depleted of the vitamins and minerals that makes cacao so healthy. To make the chocolate drizzle, I use this recipe.