Tomato Basil Salad
Fresh, marinated tomatoes are the perfect summer side dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4-5 ripe tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil If they are big leaves, you can coarsely chop them.
- 2 large garlic cloves grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pink salt or sea salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper or more to taste
- Fresh Jalapeño slices optional
Cut tomatoes in half, then cut into chunks.
Coarsely chop the basil leaves very gently so they don't bruise, or use whole if they are small.
In a small separate bowl grate or press garlic cloves into a bowl.
Add salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Mix, pour over tomatoes and basil
Top with jalapeño slices (optional).
Stir and serve!