A thick and creamy eggless eggnog that is perfect for the Holidays!
Servings: 3 people
- 3 cups unsweetened milk of choice I use coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch I use non-GMO
- 2 ½ tablespoon maple syrup or more for taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon both clove and salt I use salt because I make my coconut milk and it has less sodium
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric for color
- coconut cream for whipped cream optional
In a medium saucepan pour in 3 cups of milk.
Before turning on the heat whisk in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch until it's fully incorporated with no chunks.
Turn the heat on medium and bring to a boil, then reduce heat so the milk is at a simmer.
Continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the mix starts to slightly thicken.
Whisk in the remaining ingredients (spices, vanilla, and maple syrup).
Chill or drink warm.
Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream(or regular if desired) and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Get my coconut whipped cream recipe in this recipe.
For other options for thickening see options in the post!