Who wouldn’t like to cozy up with some mouth-watering Classic Chili Recipe on a cool fall or winter day? It’s a quick cool weather dinner that everyone loves. As soon as cool weather sets in (and maybe even a little before) I start making homemade soups! The stuff in the can or jar just won’t cut it anymore after making your own! And why not make it? Soups are actually some of the quickest dinners I serve up to my family!
We all need those quick dinner recipes, you know, the ones where you’re rushed and don’t have time for a 3-course dinner? Well, this dinner is your solution. It’s defiantly on our fall/winter line up for easy dinners! Will it be on yours? Check out what makes chili one of our favorite weeknight dinners!
Making Classic Chili is easy and versatile!
- You can make chili to fit your needs.
- I start by browning the ground beef. Then I add all the onions and garlic and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the jalapeno, tomatoes, and tomato sauce (it’s important to buy organic, BPA free tomatoes because the acidity in tomatoes can cause the can lining to leach into the tomatoes)
- Add in your spices and sugar.
- Allow all the ingredients to simmer and create depth and flavor!
- Feel free to make it your own by eliminating the meat, adding different beans like kidney beans. Add green or red bell pepper. Add a touch of sweetness with sweet potatoes, or even add a kick with some dark ale beer!
- Top with your favorite chili toppings like sour cream, cheese, green onions, and fresh jalapenos!
- Serve with a delicious side of cornbread and your all set!
I’ll have to share a vegetarian version of this chili sometime, but for now, this is my family’s favorite Classic Chili Recipe!
So sit back, warm up and enjoy a dinner that’s quick, easy, and just plain good!
For other soup recipes try my Creamy Potato Soup!
Classic Chili Recipe
- 1 lb Ground beef preferbly grass fed
- 1/2 white onion, diced if onion is small you can use a whole
- 1 can spicy black beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis I use organic with BPA free liner
- 1 can tomato sauce I use organic with BPA free liner
- 2 garlic cloves- grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno-diced and de-seeded if needed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Add in diced onions and grated garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in diced jalapeno pepper.(and de-seeded if you prefer for less heat)
- Open cans of beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce and stir in. (Do not drain any of the cans)
- Stir in spices and sugar.
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Taste and add more seasons if needed for your taste.
- Serve with your favorite topping like shredded cheddar cheese, diced green onions, fresh jalapenos slices, or sour cream!