If you have ever shopped with a strong-willed toddler, you’ll be able to relate to my recent shopping trip with my youngest, and what drove me to make these No-Bake Raw Coconut Macaroons!
Our window for a peaceful shopping experience was quickly coming to an end when he saw the new Christmas stock of toy cars and trucks pilled high. “Mama, is this mine?” (a question he’s been asked quite often) “no, they aren’t yours, those are the stores” and I keep walking. “I want a new car,” he said excitedly. “No, we can’t get a new car today.” now, toddlers don’t always get “No” so I picked him up to get quickly away from the toy section, and at this point, he’s throwing himself back and loudly telling me he wants a new car. Oh my…….
I quickly redirected him to the snack section, and his love for eating magically made him forget all about the cars. I grabbed a bag of coconut macaroons and we were free from a toddler tantrum at TJ Maxx…..Thank you, God! As soon as we stepped out of the doors we broke the seal and demolished the macaroons in under two minutes. This is a copycat version of those magnificent macaroons we bought. If you love coconut, vanilla, and a drizzle of good dark chocolate I think you will love these.
Benefits of Making Raw Desserts
I love making raw desserts because they are so beneficial! Instead of making us pack on the pounds, they can actually do the opposite and help us lose weight! Most of us have a sweet tooth. Raw desserts are amazing at taking away cravings without refined sugar. Most raw desserts are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free! How can you beat that to replace a processed dessert or dessert that’s full of sugar? When making a healthy raw dessert try to use the best ingredients you can and that is available to you. Make these in place of those processed 100-calorie packs, or your favorite candy bar and you will be one step closer to better health!
Benefits of Coconut
Coconut has so many benefits! In this recipe, I use organic unsweetened coconut. Some benefits of coconut are:
- Coconut can help treat Alzheimer’s.
- Helps aid in weight loss.
- It can help improve type 2 diabetes.
- Improves skin and hair.
- It can help aid in healthy digestion.
- It helps the body to absorb vitamins and minerals.
- Relieves inflammation.
- Supports regular bowel movements.
- Anti-viral, Anti-fungal, and Anti-bacterial properties.
- Boosts energy levels.
Check out this Ayurvedic proverb
When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.
If you would like other refined sugar-free vegan raw desserts, check out these Raw Healthy Peanut Butter Cups!!
No-Bake Raw Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut
- 2 ½ tablespoon coconut oil you can use refined or unrefined
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt or sea salt
- 3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 teaspoon coconut flour or almond flour Buy organic coconut flour here
- In a small saucepan or skillet melt coconut oil.
- Turn heat off and whisk in salt, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- In your Nutri-Bullet or food processor place coconut and almond flour.
- Pour in melted coconut mix so that all ingredients are in your Nutri-bullet (a blender would also work)
- Blend until it comes together and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place the blended mix in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to let it cool a little. This will make it easier to squeeze balls together.
- Press about a tablespoon at a time into balls and place them on a plate.
- If it's cool in your kitchen you can let them harden at room temperature. If it's warm in your kitchen place them into the fridge to harden. (In my opinion, the texture is better at room temperature)
- Drizzle with homemade chocolate if desired. You can get the chocolate topping recipe in the recipe notes below.
- You could also roll in crushed nuts, cacao powder, etc...
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.