Golden milk is a delicious way to enjoy the benefits of turmeric. It’s a warm creamy drink that’s lightly sweetened and mixed with your favorite spices.
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory. It’s also antimicrobial, and a natural antibiotic!
Turmeric also has shown to be able to fight against certain types of cancer, prevent regrowth of stem cells, and reduce the effects of chemo!
Wouldn’t it be great if we could help our kids and family develop a taste for drinks like this? We can! By doing so, we can help their immune systems to be strong and fight against inflammatory diseases.
Everyday we are programming our children and families to like things like soda, concentrated juice, or sweet tea. It would take the same effort to introduce things that are not only good, but that could provide healing to their bodies. Drinks like golden milk, kombucha, and warm lemon water are good options to start with. Let’s be intentional and take control of our health! I believe we can do it one step at a time!
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp turmeric paste Get organic turmeric here
- 1 tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add milk and turmeric paste.
- Whisk until turmeric is completely dissolved and mixture is warm but not boiling. Turn heat off.
- Whisk in sweetener and spices.
- Pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy, and be healthy!