Golden milk is a delicious way to enjoy the amazing benefits of turmeric. It’s a warm creamy drink that’s lightly sweetened and mixed with your favorite warm spices.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory. With inflammation being at the root of almost every disease. It’s an amazingly beneficial spice to add to your diet!
- It’s antimicrobial (which means it can destroy microorganisms that might carry disease)!
- It is a natural antibiotic. My kids have never taken an antibiotic! I believe that is due to not only having a healthy diet but also adding beneficial natural antibiotics like turmeric!
- Turmeric also has shown to be able to fight against certain types of cancer, prevent the regrowth of stem cells, and reduce the effects of chemo!
- Most of us could use some extra help with digestion. Turmeric promotes healthy digestion by stimulating the production of bile.
- We all need to keep our livers clean due to the increase of chemicals we consume. Turmeric is a potent liver detoxifier!
- It can help to promote and stimulate strong immune systems!
- Research has shown that turmeric and black pepper may help to lower bad cholesterol levels!
- Turmeric can help to fight depression. Research has shown that turmeric can have powerful mood-boosting effects!
- Because it is an anti-inflammatory, it could help skin conditions like acne and dermatitis!
Sites like Dr. Mercola can provide you with more information on golden milk!
Wouldn’t it be great if we could help our kids and family develop a taste for drinks like this? We can! By doing so, we can help their immune systems to be strong and fight against inflammatory diseases.
Every day we are programming our children and families to like things like soda, concentrated juice, or sweet tea. It would take the same effort to introduce things that are not only good, but that could provide healing to their bodies. Drinks like golden milk, kombucha, and warm lemon water are good options to start with. Let’s be intentional and take control of our health! I believe we can do it one step at a time!
Can drinking Golden Milk have negative side effects?
- Tumeric does help thin the blood. If you are taking any medications to consult your doctor before taking Tumeric or drinking golden milk.
- If you are pregnant you should consult your doctor before using turmeric as a supplement.
- Tumeric may increase stomach acid and cause nausea or diarrhea in some people.
The best and easiest way to make golden milk is to use turmeric paste which has added black pepper to make the benefits more bioavailable to your body! Check out a simple turmeric paste recipe here!
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste (find this easy recipe in the recipe notes) Get organic turmeric here
- 1 tablespoon local honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon each of cinnamon, ginger, clove, and cardamom
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add milk and turmeric paste.
- Whisk until turmeric is completely dissolved and the mixture is warm but not boiling. Turn heat off.
- Whisk in sweetener and spices.
- Pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy, and be healthy!
Hi Elke, love your FB page and your website. Looking forward to trying some of your recipes. Love your pics.
Loved this Elke! Was looking for a nicer way to get Tumeric in our diet! Your site is amazing! ????
Thank you Cathie!
Hi, Baked the bread today. I did pretty darn good for a first timer. I need to raise my oven rack, they burned on the bottom, and I found a couple of small pieces of flour. I just cut off the bottom and they were good. Ernie liked them too. I have a cheap old stove so its hard to adjust the heat. Im getting a new one when we update my kitchen. hopefully right after Thanksgiving. God bless, pray for you.
Thank you for the update! I’m excited it turned out, yay!!?
I finally tried this today and I am in love!!! we will be adding this to our nightly cool down time ??
That’s wonderful!! I’m so glad you like it, it is one of our favorites?
We’re big fans of golden milk! I’ve not heard of turmeric paste before though. I’ll have to try and find some!
That’s great! The turmeric paste just takes about 5 minutes to put together and makes the golden milk quick and easy to make! ?
Kimberly M. Love Warder
did I miss how to make the paste?
There is a link in the golden milk post for the paste, or you can search turmeric paste ( it’s a separate post)?
Kimberly M. Love Warder
found it thanks! I can’t wait to try this! Your photos are great girl and as always the fam is beautiful!!!
Thank you so much Kim!?
Hi Ellen, I drink tea in the evenings and this sounds good. Was wondering how to make the tumeric paste ?
Hi Aunt Sam, in the recipe “turmeric paste” is highlighted you can click on it and it will take you to the turmeric paste post, or you can search turmeric paste in the search?