In the past, I have found myself searching for desserts made with pumpkin. I always seemed to run into the same things over and over….pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins, and of course, pumpkin pie. I have made all of these things, and love them all, but my creative side wanted something different, a pumpkiny dessert with unique goodness!
I can only hope when I’m creating that all of my precious organic ingredients don’t have the fate of the trash can! ( It’s happened many times…)
I thought about how my husband loved coffee cake….and coffee….and oh yeah sweets in general (that’s why superfood raw desserts like three layer raw dessert is a perfect break to all the flour, and sugar) I knew if this would turn out, it would be right up his alley!
I have to say it turned out beautifully moist, layered with walnut crumble, and bursting with fall flavors! I have to add that I didn’t even pull the mixer out for this! Yep…. just how I like it!
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder ( no aluminum)
- 1/2 tsp pink or sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp softened butter +3 tbsp softened refined coconut oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 /2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a bundt pan,Buy a bundt pan here set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar, butter, coconut oil, and pumpkin, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix with a whisk to incorporate well.
- With a wooden spoon mix dry ingredients into the wet, until completely incorporated.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, walnuts, sugar, and spices with a wooden spoon.
- Add melted butter and mix until incorporated, set aside.
- Pour half of cake batter into pan, then sprinkle evenly with half of crumble mixture.
- Pour the rest of batter, then top with remaining crumble mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- *always remember to buy the best quality ingredients that are available to you!
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.