In the past, I have found myself searching for desserts made with pumpkin. I always seemed to run into the same things over and over….pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins, and of course, pumpkin pie. I have made all of these things, and love them all, but my creative side wanted something different, a pumpkiny dessert with unique goodness!
I can only hope when I’m creating that all of my precious organic ingredients don’t have the fate of the trash can! ( It’s happened many times…)
I thought about how my husband loved coffee cake….and coffee….and oh yeah sweets in general (that’s why superfood raw desserts like three layer raw dessert is a perfect break to all the flour, and sugar) I knew if this Pumpkin spice coffee cake would turn out, it would be right up his alley!
I have to say it turned out beautifully moist, layered with walnut crumble, and bursting with fall flavors! I have to add that I didn’t even pull the mixer out for this! Yep…. just how I like it!
Making Bundt Cakes are simple!
I enjoy when I don’t have to pull out the mixer! You can mix up this quick cake simply with a wooden spoon!
The crumble topping makes a great addition to this pumpkin dessert making the perfect pumpkin spice coffee cake!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminum-free
- 1/2 tsp pink or sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar +2 tbsp
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter softened
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a bundt pan, Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar, butter, coconut oil, and pumpkin, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix with a whisk to incorporate well.
- With a wooden spoon mix dry ingredients into the wet, until completely incorporated.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, walnuts, sugar, and spices with a wooden spoon.
- Add melted butter and mix until incorporated, set aside.
- Pour half of cake batter into pan, then sprinkle evenly with half of crumble mixture.
- Pour the rest of batter, then top with the remaining crumble mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.