Im always trying to create fun healthy snacks for the kids. My hope is that when someone offers them, say, a pack of m&m’s, they politely decline, reflecting on the dye and artificial free snacks I have made them. We aren’t quite there yet, but I can be hopeful right?
I have to be honest, over the years I have seen a lot of “whatever” attitudes when it comes to people and their food. I get it, food pleases the senses, it brings comfort and joy. I have to argue that food can still do this even if its healthy. It may take an extra few minutes of reading labels, or prepping, but it will be worth it. Taking small steps toward making changes is the key, not changing everything at once. It matters….for our health, and the health of our families.
Starting to intentionally eliminate sugar is a great place to start. Lets look at a few things sugar can do to out bodies.
- It increases the risk of disease like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
- Can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Can cause leaky gut as it feeds yeast and bad bacteria damaging intestinal walls.
- Can contribute to cancer. Research shows that cancer cells thrive on sugar and excess protein.
These Yogurt bites not only taste good, but are free from refined sugar! I added maple syrup which is full of antioxidants, fights inflammation, and is full of vitamins and minerals! Chia seeds which are very high in vitamin C, iron, and omega 3’s. They also aid in digestion, weight loss, and provide energy! Yogurt, lowers risk of colorectal cancer, reduces bad cholesterol, and is rich in probiotics.
This took about 5 minutes to mix up, its worth your time, and your health!
Frozen Yogurt and Chia Bites
- 2 cups plain yogurt. (I use organic to eliminate GMO’s)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blended berries frozen or fresh (I used frozen blueberries)
- Top with raspberries (optional)
- Stir them in yogurt mixture.
- Transfer mix to a measuring cup or pitcher for easy pouring.
- Pour into silicon moldsGet molds here or you could also use cupcake paper cups.
- Freeze for a couple hours and enjoy!
- *You could put popsicle sticks in these.
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from http://www.quadcoptercloud.com/ does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.