I’ve never been a fan of coleslaw. The idea of mayo and sugar on cabbage well let’s just say didn’t excite me.
When I was going to school I waited tables in a little small town diner. I found myself working in these diners quite a bit, but this one was different. This guy had been to Culinary school and man could he cook! He made a Cole slaw that I would dream about, it was soooo good!
Through the years I’ve become more and more health conscience, so this recipe was made to be like a side of medicine to my families bodies and in my opinion that’s just what it is.
In short, the cabbage is full of vitamins, c, k, potassium, calcium, and manganese! It’s also anti-inflammatory, and helps prevent cancer! The organic ACV fights acid reflux, aids in weight loss, fights allergies , and so much more! Fresh garlic well not only is the best thing ever but is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and helps prevent cancer and on and on the list goes. The pink salt, lemon, and pepper are great too! Why wouldn’t you choose this for a side on the first sign of a sniffle!
- 1 small – med head of purple of green cabbage shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- On a mandrel or a grater, grate one head of cabbage.
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over shredded cabbage.
- Mix everything well. Let set for about 15 min. Then serve