I have been waiting to share this! This has been a remedy I have used with my family, and shared with other family and friends for years. My kids ages range from 2 -10, and with a grateful heart, I can say none of them have ever been on an antibiotic!
Sure, we have had those lingering coughs that don’t seem to want to go away. The runny noses that last for days. But, I have seen the life of colds be cut in half, and even sickness with infection be cleared up with this elixir!
Each ingredient is intentional, and I want to take the next couple minutes to go over what I put in this mix and why it benefits you!
Local honey-antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral , and boosts immunity.
*note that this should be local honey. Honey from the local grocery will not have the same benefits,( like raw honey for big grocery stores) and may not even be 100% honey, even if it claims to be!
Cinnamon– Anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, and has anti-inflammatory properties. I use ceylon cinnamon
Buy ceylon cinnamon here
Fresh ginger– naturally treats cold and flu symptoms, relieves pain due to anti-inflammatory properties.
* ginger thins blood and should not be taken with a blood thinner
Lemon peel ( zest)– fights against bacterial infections and fungi. There is 5 to 10 times more vitamins c in the peel than the juice.
Apple Cider Vinegar ( with the mother)- helps prevent flu, helps relieve allergies, helps relieve sinus pressure and infection.
Buy it here
Elderberry extract– Prevents flu and cold viruses from invading cells, and activates immune system. Helps alleviate respiratory conditions.
Buy elderberry syrup here
Oil of oregano– anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, natural painkiller, and fights infections.
Buy the oil of oregano I have here
Garlic– boosts immune system, helps colds and coughs, natural antibiotic.
*Although the ingredients in this are amazing, for best results I would suggest pairing this with a healthy diet of eating a variety of fruits and veggies.
* A tsp of turmeric paste could also be added to this mix, if your not incorporating it daily in another way such as golden milk.
* With my kids, I eased them into loving this mix. I would suggest eliminating the garlic and ginger, then slowly incorporating it in small bits at a time.
- 1 cup local honey
- 3 tbsp elderberry extract * you can buy the syrup, but i buy the berries and make my own!Buy dried elderberries here It will save money! For directions how to make it go here.
- 1/2 tspceylon cinnamon ( or other good quality cinnamon)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 drops organic oil of oregano Buy oil of oregano here
- Place honey in a glass jar or mason jar.
- Mix in elderberry syrup, cinnamon, ACV, and oil of oregano.
- Grate in zest of one lemon, fresh ginger, and garlic clove.
- Mix everything well.
- When symptoms begin, take 2-3 tsp per day
- *store this in the refrigerator. I have stored this mix for up to two months with no problems.
This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.
Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.