I have been waiting to share this! This has been a remedy I have used with my family and shared with other family and friends for years. My kid’s ages range from 2 -10, and with a grateful heart, I can say none of them have ever been on an antibiotic!
Sure, we have had those lingering coughs that don’t seem to want to go away. The runny noses that last for days. But, I have seen the life of colds be cut in half, and even sickness with infection be cleared up with this elixir!
Each ingredient is intentional, and I want to take the next couple of minutes to go over what I put in this mix and why it benefits you!
Benefits of Honey Elixir
- Local honey-antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and boosts immunity.
- *note that this should be local honey. Honey from the local grocery will not have the same benefits,( like raw honey for big grocery stores. It may not even be 100% honey, even if it claims to be!
- Cinnamon– Anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, and has anti-inflammatory properties. I use Ceylon cinnamon Get Ceylon cinnamon here
- Fresh ginger– It naturally treats cold and flu symptoms relieve pain due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- * ginger thins the blood and should not be taken with a blood thinner.
- Lemon peel ( zest)– It fights against bacterial infections and fungi. There is 5 to 10 times more vitamin C in the peel than the juice.
- Apple Cider Vinegar ( with the mother)- helps prevent flu! Also helps relieve allergies, helps relieve sinus pressure and infection.Get it here!
- Elderberry extract– Prevents flu and cold viruses from invading cells, and activates the immune system. It helps alleviate respiratory conditions.Buy elderberry syrup here
- Oil of oregano– anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, natural painkiller, and fight infections. It can also strengthen the immune system, can be used for some skin conditions, and is a great pain reliever.
- Garlic– It can boost the immune system. It helps colds and coughs, intestinal infections, and a natural antibiotic.Buy oil of oregano here!
- Red and green peppers and hot peppers.
- Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, and basil.
- Dark leafy greens like kale and mustard greens.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts.
- Oranges and clementines.
Other natural remedies are
Homemade elderberry syrup
- Place honey in a glass jar or mason jar.
- Mix in elderberry syrup, cinnamon, ACV, and oil of oregano.
- Grate in the zest of one lemon, fresh ginger, and garlic clove.
- Mix everything well. I like to put the lid on and shake the jar!
- When symptoms begin, take 2-3 teaspoon per day
- *You can buy the syrup, but I buy the berries and make my own! Buy dried elderberries here It will save money! For directions how to make it go here.
- Store this in the refrigerator. I have stored this mix for up to two months with no problems.
- Get ceylon cinnamon (true cinnamon)
- Buy oil of oregano here!
This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity unless explicitly stated.
Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.
Elke that was amazing!
Thank you !?
Love this elixir!! A must have for the cold winter!!
Love this stuff!! A must have in our house.
Sounds awesome!! Where do you get your elderberry extract?
The health food store, or amazon have it. I buy the dry berries and make it myself?
What is the shelf life for this? Do you recommend keeping it refrigerated?
Yes, this needs to be refrigerated? I have had it in the refrigerator with no problems for two months. I think the added vinegar helps with the shelf life?
Does this stuff taste good?
Yes! The kids get excited to take it. The garlic makes it kind of strong. For the kids I left it out at first and added small amounts of the garlic and ginger until they got used to it. ?