Have you ever wondered what to do with those leftover veggies in your fridge? Look no further. Nourish Bowls are the perfect solution! I don’t know about you but I love the idea of tossing everything on a sheet pan and popping it into the oven. Little work and perfectly seasoned and roasted. Nourish Bowls make the perfect dinner and leftovers served hot or surprisingly good cold! I don’t know about you, but I always feel better when I’m eating lots of veggies.
The idea of these bowls of goodness often called Budda Bowls is a bowl that consists of a nourishing grain, veggies, and plant-based protein all packed into a one-bowl meal. The great thing about this meal is it’s so versatile!
What makes up a Nourish Bowl
- Start with your favorite grain. Jasmine rice was my choice in this recipe because of its appealing scent and flavor, but you could use whatever you have on hand! Some other grains that would work well would be wild rice, black or brown rice, quinoa, barley, amaranth, farro and so on. Use what’s in your cabinet!
- You can swap out ingredients that you have on hand! In this recipe, I used warm fall spices, so if you wanted to use these same spices other veggies that would work well would be butternut squash, roasted carrots, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and different greens like swiss chard or spinach!
- I used a tahini dressing, but not everyone has tahini on hand, so you could make a dressing that suits you! I like using tahini because of health benefits! it’s rich in minerals, its a great source of calcium, high in protein, and it’s high in vitamin E and B vitamins! It has a bit of a bitterness to it so I balanced that out with the sourness of lemon and the sweetness of maple syrup.
Is this recipe kid-friendly?
If you are looking for an easy healthy dinner this is a perfect option! Does it work with kids? I think so! Because there are so many different vegetables to choose from my kids were allowed to eliminate one veggie if they wanted. What I’ve learned about kids is we can’t guess what they will and won’t like. Just put it in front of them! One of their favorites was the crispy kale! It’s so yummy like a kale potato chip!
Let’s put more veggies in our bodies! I love this quote-
If it came from a plant, eat it, if it was made in a plant, don’t.
For other vegetarian or vegan dinners check out Lemon Garlic Butter Spaghetti Squash!
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
Sweet Potatoes and beets
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced into cubes
- 1 large beet or 2 small beets
- 3 tbsp melted refined cocont oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp both salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
Kale and Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas (drained) and seasoned with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ¼ teaspoon of each salt, pepper, and paprika (more salt to taste if needed)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped kale washed and patted dry seasoned with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ½ lemon- juiced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 -3 teaspoon maple syrup
- couple dashes of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir.
- Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Sweet Potatoes and Beets
- Preheat oven to 400
- Dice sweet potato and beets in even cubes, and place on sheetpan.
- Toss with oil and spices, and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes or until caramization occures and the cubes are tender.
Kale and Chickpeas
- Wash pat dry and coursly chop Kale and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Open and drain chickpeas. Pour on the other side of the sheet pan and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and maple syrup.
- Roast about 20 minutes or until kale is crispy.
- Pour tahini into a small mixing bowl
- Add water, lemon juice, maple syrup and spices.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
Building your bowl
- Build by placing everything equally in sections.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing, and serve!