Have you ever had something that just doesn’t make you feel good, but you don’t want to admit it? Well, that’s how I feel about bread… that kinda stinks when you bake as much as I do. The truth is, I just feel better and I’m more energetic when I’m not eating it….; that’s why I like to have recipes like these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies on hand!
How to make gluten-free peanut butter cookies
Gluten-free peanut butter cookies are easy to make! These peanut butter cookies are full of protein and have less sugar than the average peanut butter cookie. A win!
For these peanut butter cookies, I like to start with organic unsweetened peanut butter. This is important. Most peanut butters have extra hydrogenated oil added, extra sugar, and chemicals. That’s unnecessary to buy and eat. There are great options in almost every grocery store out there.
Next, I choose almond flour. When I bake something gluten-free I like to use almond and coconut flour versus mixes. Gluten-free flour mixes often have ingredients like corn starch, potato starch, and synthetic vitamins. The good thing is if you buy gluten-free flour mixes there are organic options. Opt for those!
Lastly, I use less sugar, about half as much as the typical recipe, egg, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
The result is a healthier, high-protein cookie that’s delicious!
Is gluten good for you?
If you eat a heavy gluten diet, it can be really bad for your health. An excessive amount of gluten can cause inflammation and nutrient malabsorption, complications with the skin, joints, and gut. Why can’t it just be good for us?? (Insert whining emoji) I can’t make it healthy….even with all of my whining!!!
I’m a big baker, and bake crazy amounts of goodies! It’s really hard not to want to bake, so I’m constantly working on developing new recipes for desserts that are refined sugar-free, and gluten-free.
These peanut butter cookies have a small amount of sugar and are made with almond flour! Almond flour has protein, fiber, and good fat! It’s a great “flour” alternative and works perfectly in these cookies.
I hope you’ll try these gluten-free, dairy-free peanut butter cookies!
For other Gluten-Free options check out these Undercover Gluten Free Blondies!
Gluten-free red lentil fritters
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- 1-½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. If your coconut oil is solid you can melt it.
- Spoon out even amounts of batter onto a cookie sheet, about a tablespoon or tablespoon and a half per cookie.
- With your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup press the cookies down to flatten them.
- With a fork make hashtag signs on each cookie.
- You can lightly sprinkle a little cane sugar on top if you would like for a little extra sweetness.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done!
- Make sure to let them cool before removing them from the baking sheet so they can harden up.
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.
Leave a Reply