I know I post a lot of breakfast foods, but with how busy everyone is, it’s necessary to get some easy- just throw it together- breakfasts. These Raspberry Cream Overnight Oats are just that!
With busyness comes convenience, and America’s idea of quick food, is in my opinion, what is causing a lot of the disease we are seeing. I checked out the ingredients in Quaker Chewy granola bars and they had soooo many horrible ingredients in them! From GMO’s ( I counted at least 7 possible GMO ingredients) to caramel color, and BHT! These seemingly healthy bars will cause a liver to work overtime to filter all the toxins.
If it’s not granola bars, its sugary cereal with artificial dyes that could cause tumors and hyperactive kids (no thanks), or toaster waffles with syrup that’s NOT really syrup, or high sugar instant oatmeal. Lord help us….. our food supply is a mess!
We are far from perfect eating in our house, but I strive to grow and learn and eliminate more and more foods that are hurting us. The food we eat is either providing nutrition or causing damage to our bodies.
When I homeschooled, our goal was to be at the table working by 8:30. I had time in the morning to make the kids all kinds of homemade breakfasts. When we transitioned to public school, I quickly realized that that wasn’t going to happen anymore. I just wasn’t going to have time to bake them things like homemade muffins on a school morning. Since starting public school we have adjusted to make things a little simpler. The whole first year we did smoothies and that was good, they are quick and healthy. I also make them homemade granola bars and granola (the day before of course) energy balls etc…. overnight oats is just another quick breakfast idea that can be quickly put together the night before. It can be made in so many varieties!
The chia jam may just get its own post later on because it is just sooooo good!
For other breakfasts you can make ahead of time check out Chia Pudding!
“Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies, and lack of physical exercise.” –Mike Adam, the health ranger
Raspberry Cream Overnight Oats with Chia Jam
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk I used coconut milk
- 4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch pink salt
- Fresh raspberries
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups raspberries I used frozen
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds Buy organic chia seeds here
- In 2 jars, divide the oats in each jar (½ cup in each jar)
- In a glass measuring cup pour a cup of milk, and mix the remaining ingredients into the milk.
- Pour the milk mixture evenly over both cups of oats.
- (I cut some raspberries in half and slid them down the sides of the cup, but this is optional)
- Place the lid on and let set for a few hours or overnight.
- The next morning top with desired toppings and chia jam. (recipe below)
- Place all ingredients into a Nutri-Bullet Buy Nutri-Bullet here or food processor and blend for just a few seconds until there are no whole berries.
- Place into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat (if using fresh berries you may need to add a tablespoon of water)
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes and then turn heat off and transfer to a jar.
- Let cool and place in fridge.
- Use on top of overnight oats, or like a jelly!
Elke is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from Elke does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.